"Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me - you did it to me." Jesus, Matthew 25:40 MSG

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Collaboration

I love the word collaboration. It simply means "to labor together." We need more of it! In general, ministries within a church have often shied away from working together. Issues abound from "this is my turf" to "I started this" and the list goes on and on. These issues really boil down to issues of insecurity, self-centeredness, and a narrow view of God's big picture.

I love the upcoming Meal for Single Moms because these teams - The Oil Change for Single Mom's team, Life Skills for Mom's class, Crusin' thru Corinthians small group, and Connections Ministry are all working together to provide a lovely meal for single moms and their kids. This is intentional love. Our goal for this meal is to provide a meeting place for moms where they can interact with each other and be shown value by our church community.

Collaboration provides an appreciation for other people, their gifts, and the ideas they bring to the table. In the end, God gets the credit!

"Art is collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better." Andre Gide

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed and grateful that I can help those in need. Thank You Jesus for this outreach, it makes me feel like I can make a small difference in someones life. Thats all I have to say. Except Thank You brother Bruce for all you do.
    WES

    ReplyDelete